← back to news

Can I get into Canada after a DWI?

Entry to Canada can be a problem after a drinking and driving violation. However, within the first 5 years following the resolution of the case, one can gain access to Canada for employment reasons by filing a Temporary Resident Application. After 5 years, an application for Rehabilitation can be filed to permit the violator access to Canada for any reason once again. Also, Rehabilitation can solve the entry problem for someone whose record has more than one offense on it, the most recent of which was resolved 5 years ago. For someone whose sole offense was more than 10 years ago, the problem entering Canada goes away without any need to file an application, under the Deemed Rehabilitation statute.

If you have any questions or your right to drive is at risk, contact us! 716-633-0374